Sunday, August 2, 2009

A glimpse of the joy ahead

I never really was a baby person...I guess I was too interested in sports and other crazy things. When little Macky arrived, I had no idea how much of a roller coaster ride it would be, and it seemed for a while that I was stuck at the bottom of the ride! Praise God, because He has kept Mac happy and healthy and has revealed His grace to me in ways I would never know apart from the struggles that I have had being a new mommy these last few months.

Yesterday Mac was extra fussy after getting his shots, and it turned out to be a wonderful blessing because I took more time to cuddle with and rock him and sing to him than usual. As he began to calm down, he looked right up at me and cooed and hummed along with me contentedly as I sang to him. Tears came to my eyes as I realized what a precious little boy he is and how blessed I am to have such moments with him. Even today, when he pooped through all of his clothes (and mine) while I was feeding him, he had the most infectious smile and giggles. How could I be upset when he was just so cute? I know that I am just getting a glimpse of the joy that God has planned ahead for us in raising little Mac.

Little Macky waking up from his afternoon nap:



2 comments:

  1. He is just so precious!!! And I love reading about your thoughts and experiences! Can't wait to see all three of you again soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cutie!! I miss him holding him. He'll probably be too big to even hold by the next time I see him. I guess I will have my own lil' guy to hold soon;)

    ReplyDelete