Thursday, March 7, 2013

This is Corrie Johns


Last weekend Grandma Belding gave Corrie some Cinderella shoes. I can't believe our girly has her first pair of heels already! She's been walking around in them non-stop for the past 6 days.





She's been calling them her "glass slippers" (They are actually plastic). If you could only see the steam and fog built up in those things. They make her feet into little sweat machines! I am starting to hear the sound of her stomping around in those heels in my sleep!


Corrie is also starting to test the boundaries, big time. She's usually our "good eater," but lately she has been refusing to eat her dinner. Twice she has had to stay at the table until bedtime :(  
Mac was never able to hold out that long! We've got our work cut out for us here. Last night she would not take a bite of bread and had to sit at the table long after we were all done:

                           

She starting putting on a little show for us, just to make sure we knew she was still there:


I was starting to wonder when Corrie would break. I started praying for her and for wisdom for us. Was she going to spend another whole evening confined to the dinner table?

Nope! Phew. What a pleasant surprise to see that she decided to eat her bread.

I knew she loved that bread, and I also knew she was hungry. She just wanted to test the limits.

She's also been testing bedtime and naptime. This is what I saw the other night when I checked in on her. What in the world?!!!
Little girly has had several nights of getting out of bed, getting disciplined, getting out of bed again...all the way up until 9 and sometimes 10pm. Never had to do this before with either kid. Bedtime has always been our sure bet...

Well Corrie, I am on my knees in prayer for you again. Love you so much.


On a side note: Your brother and Grandpa Dean think you are a pretty great little girl to have around!








No comments:

Post a Comment