Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Mac

This afternoon Mac said, "Mom, today I told my teacher that there are two things I am afraid of." 

"What two things are you afraid of, Mac?

"I am afraid of being touched by an anemone and being eaten by a colossal squid!!!!"

"A colossal squid?!" 

"Mom, they're 10 feet long!"  

Then he went and found the drawing that we have been working on since Sunday afternoon. It started out as a drawing of his fish tank, and then it became a drawing of the whole ocean (all inside the tiny space of his fish tank).

He continues to beg me to add more and more "sea creatures" to our "ocean tank" drawing. In his mind it is completely reasonable to ask me to draw a basking shark and a sea horse and a sperm whale in the teeniest little space ever! (In the photo above he is pointing out "a big space" for me to draw a tiger shark).

I finally drew the line (no pun intended) at his request for an underwater volcano. "Mom! Draw it in a hot zone with a yetti crab that collects "macteria!" (bacteria). I guess in some ways his blind faith in my artistic abilities is a little endearing.



A few weeks ago we were reading the Bible before bed. The story that night was about Jesus being baptized. Mac asked, "Mommy, what is baptize?" 

I don't know exactly what I said, but it was something about baptism being a way that you tell the world that Jesus is the King of your heart. I asked Corrie if she would like for Jesus to be King of her heart. She said, "Oh yes!"

I asked Mac, and he said, solemnly, Oh. No. Mommy. I cannot do that." 

I asked him why, and he said, "because I have an evil plan in my heart." 

Evil plan? I was not sure how to respond to that. "What is your evil plan, Mac?"

"My evil plan is to turn all of the mommies into robots so that I can do whatever I want!" 

Such a sweet, genuine, sensitive, imaginative little guy. I marvel that he is already wrestling with the challenge of surrendering his own will and yielding to the Lord's will for him. (And I think his robot technology has a little way to go before his evil plan will work).


Precious Mac. I pray that one day soon he will know the joy of entrusting all of his plans to Jesus and experience the freedom to walk passionately in the Lord's good plans for him!

"For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans for welfare and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope." -Jeremiah 29:11




No comments:

Post a Comment