Friday, March 6, 2015

Snow Day Videos

We awoke to a very snowy sunrise in Charlottesville this morning. I wish pictures could do a little better justice to the beauty I saw as I looked at the sun rising over the mountains behind our house. 

Later, I could not help but marvel at how the sun was shining on the snow covered tree branches in our neighborhood. They are so impressive and majestic in stature when you see them with your own eyes. Wish you could see them with me.

By mid-morning there were a few more mental pictures that I will treasure always. I love seeing the pure joy and endearing curiosity in Mac as he observes his giant marble track that we put together while he was home from school. Such a fun age.

Sometimes I just watch the kids and try to take it all in - sort of like how you would take in the scent of a fresh flower or savor a crisp, sweet breath of air in the springtime. Their personalities and individual quirks have a simple, sincere and refreshing quality. I am so glad that God has granted me the time right now to be able to "stop and smell the roses."  

And last but not least, an unrelated but interesting sight. Have you ever seen a giant mystery snail eat?

So these are a few of the typical sights that color our days. It is a sweet season for our family, and I am so glad that God continues to foster gratefulness in our hearts for it all. 

"Oh give thanks to the LORD, for he is good; for his steadfast love endures forever!"
-Psalm 118:1



No comments:

Post a Comment