Sunday, May 17, 2015

A Very Sweet Sunday

We've had a couple pretty sweet weekends lately. On Mother's Day weekend, we were surprised to find ourselves back in Front Royal, enjoying a visit to our old church and celebrating Mother's Day with very dear friends.

I had forgotten how beautiful the view is from the parking lot at our church in Front Royal

After church we headed to the Fournier's for lunch and many other unexpected blessings. For example, Corrie got to take a nap next to a real live kitty cat. I am sure she did not sleep at all, but she was in heaven petting that cat for a few hours!

Ellis had a rare chance to relax and hang out with the guys. I was really happy for him. 

Corrie finished her "nap" just in time to enjoy homemade ice cream that came straight from the Fournier's cows! It was pretty amazing. 

We finished the afternoon with a lively corn hole tournament and a fun time of swimming in the river. I loved being near the water and seeing the mountains all around us. 
Maybe because our visit seemed to happen without us really planning it, I felt the whole thing was a gift from the Lord. As the day passed by, I saw how each member of our family seemed to receive something special. 

I thought for sure the Lord had shown me what a truly blessed Mother's Day looks like. I got to see each person in our family enjoy the Lord's goodness. What better or more satisfying Mother's Day gift could there be? 

"Give thanks to the LORD, for he is good, for his steadfast love endures forever."
-Psalm 136:1


And last but not least, a sweet delivery of flowers from Ellis. 
(They looked a little more lively a week ago, but they still smell good!)







No comments:

Post a Comment