Thursday, January 21, 2010

Shower Scripture

I have recently been encouraged to get back into memorizing scripture. This has been one of my joys for much of my life, but since Mac was born I have pretty much been spending all of my brain power just to breathe, figure out a way to get sleep, etc.

I was thinking of ways to have scripture passages around the house for me to think about, and I thought that the shower would be a good place since it's one of the rare places of peace and quiet (on the rare occasions that I actually shower these days...sorry, TMI).

I mentioned this to Ellis, and I thought it was a good idea, but it would only last until the verses got soggy. He said, "oh, that's why you put it in a plastic bag. You can hang it from the showerhead and turn it and change the verses." Man! Good thinking! Here's a picture of our "shower scripture." (Notice the trademark "Johns" touch of using a bungee cord).

*note: Psalm 19 is in there now.

No comments:

Post a Comment