Saturday, January 2, 2010

Verse for 2010

I (Amanda) have been studying 1 and 2 Thessalonians for a while now. Hey, maybe they are some of the shortest books of the Bible, but it has taken me practically a year and I am only halfway through! So much good stuff.

Anyway, I finally made it to 2 Thess. 1, and I was amazed by what I read in verses 11-12. So why not make them the "verses of 2010?" Best part of the verses? The focus is on God's power to get things done, and NOT on what I usually focus on, which is striving on my own strength (always backfires, by the way).

Man, can you imagine how awesome it would be for Paul's prayer in these verses to be answered in our lives? The end result is the Lord Jesus being glorified, and not what I usually try to glorify, which is me (also results in lots of backfiring).

This verse gives me hope that God can use me somehow this year.

11With this in mind, we constantly pray for you, that our God may count you worthy of his calling, and that by his power he may fulfill every good purpose of yours and every act prompted by your faith. 12We pray this so that the name of our Lord Jesus may be glorified in you, and you in him, according to the grace of our God and the Lord Jesus Christ."

No comments:

Post a Comment