Friday, November 16, 2012

Did I really just do that?

Yep. I did. There comes a time when you start to employ a triage strategy to keep things going, particularly at 4am.

You have enough days in a row of waking up several times a night to go to the bathroom, wait for the sweet little baby in your abdomen to settle down, comfort a crying, sick child, give medicine to a sick husband, try to find a sleeping position that is remotely comfortable...and eventually it all just becomes one big blur of a normal night-time routine.

And you also find that you adjust your standard of acceptable night-time interventions. Well, let's just say you stream-line things a little.

When Mac woke up this morning, I heard him saying, "I don't want the towel." What? Oh yeah. Now I remember. He woke up crying at 4am because he had wet the bed. Apparently, I went to the linen closet and put a towel over it. Okay buddy. Back to sleep! Seemed completely rational at the time.



Don't worry buddy, this is just a season (a memorable one!) We'll get it together soon. :-)

1 comment:

  1. Which husband are you giving medicine to in the middle of the night? I remember sleeping downstairs because you didn't want to hear my sickly breathing and/or humidifier :)

    ReplyDelete