Friday, December 7, 2012

Breaks my heart

Hey there little Macky.

It breaks my heart to see you so sick. You have been throwing up and having trouble keeping fluids in for several days, and its been taking its toll on you. I can see each ounce of weight you have lost and all the little bones that used to be hidden by your naturally stalky build.


But even so, you have hardly complained and have been so very sweet. The other morning when you woke up, you asked if I would sit with you and watch Dumbo with you on the couch (on top of the plastic picnic table cover we have learned to keep there until this bug is gone). You hugged me and said, "Mommy, I am hugging you just like Dumbo is hugging his mama!...I love you mama." And you snuggled up so sweetly against me.

Today you woke up and said, "mommy I have a very special surprise for you." Then you came and presented me with a "beautiful blankee." (A strip of fabric you found somewhere).  You have been making sure I have it with me wherever I go. Blankees are very important!


Yes, seeing you sick does break my heart. But walking with you through it melts my heart. We are praying for you and doing everything we can to help you get better soon.

We love you Buddy :)


No comments:

Post a Comment