Thursday, December 13, 2012

Eatin' Crow

Ever heard that phrase before? I remember the first time I heard it and how weird and funny it sounded. I was working at an FCA camp in the south when one of the staff workers from Alabama said it with her southern accent. It took me a while to get over the mental picture (for some reason I picture a blackbird flying out of a pie?), but eventually I was able to understand the idiom (when you are proved wrong after taking a strong position...kind of like having to "eat your words," "eat your hat," etc.)

Well, I am officially eatin' crow today! For 9 months I have been announcing with the utmost assurance that "this baby is coming early!...Probably even in November! The due date (Dec.23rd) is definitely wrong!"...and on and on I have gone.

Turns out this little guy or girl seems quite cozy right now. Could it really be that we may not meet him or her until Christmas...and maybe even January? Yep. Could be.

Have you ever eaten' crow? It doesn't taste very good.

God, thank you so much for making this crow a little easier to swallow. The phrase that He keeps speaking to my heart is: "My timing is always perfect...do you believe that?" Yes Lord, I do believe it, but can you help to believe it? He has.

I have had such convincing and painful contractions the past few days that I have been SURE I was in labor...only to hear my Lord say, "it's not the perfect time quite yet."

So, I have decided to change my tune a little. NOW I am saying, mostly to myself, this baby is definitely coming at just the right time! It's kind of exciting and relaxing at the same time, looking at it like that.  






No comments:

Post a Comment