Saturday, November 23, 2013

I did NOT just do that...

Oh Nelly. Is there no end to the surprises of parenthood? That was a rhetorical question.

Just now, I heard Corrie yelling from her room after I had put her and Mac to bed.

"Mommy...Mommmy...Moooommmy!"

I went into her room to see her offering her hand up to me.

I thought she said, "Mommy, I have a boo-boo." 

"Where?"

"Right here." (Showing me her pointer finger).

"Oh sweety I'm sorry, let me kiss it." (And I did).

"No! Mommy! Don't kiss it!"

"You don't want me to kiss your boo-boo?"

"It's not a boo-boo, it's a BOOGER!"

Yep. I did just do that.

Anyway, on a different note, I worked in the nursery yesterday morning at our Bible study, and I saw Little D take his first two steps! Later that evening, Travis and Laura came over for dinner and Davey joyfully celebrated his new skill with us.


One thing about Mr. D: He loves to express his joy and celebrate. He has always been that way - since the womb even, I believe. That's why I named him David before I even knew for sure that he was going to be a boy. I believe God has granted him such an expressive spirit, and it is my continual prayer that God will grant Davey a heart like King David - a man after God's own heart who danced before the Lord with all of his might. (2 Sam. 6)

Love you Davey! You are already teaching us much about rejoicing in our God!



No comments:

Post a Comment