Monday, April 7, 2014

Corrie Ruth Johns

Corrie has been napping in our room for a while now...ever since I moved her and Mac into the same room at night to make space for Davey. I have had my fair share of surprises since letting Corrie "sleep" in our bed for a few hours during the day. Poor girl has had more than her fair share of spankings from all of the crazy shenanigans she invents instead of going to sleep.

One night I collapsed into bed exhausted, but something didn't seem right when my head hit the pillow. What in the world?! My pillow case was stuffed full of Winnie the Pooh books.

Another day I noticed all of my jewelry (really only one bracelet and two earrings) was missing. Later I found about 20 hairbands stuffed in various places all over the bed. After that, I found my bracelet and missing earrings inside one of Corrie's socks. The earrings were poked through the sock a few times and bent and almost impossible to remove.

Another afternoon I opened the door around 4pm and told Corrie it was time to wake up. I became busy taking care of Davey and Mac and then started dinner. Around 5pm I thought, Hey, where's Corrie? I went back to the bedroom to see that she was still sitting in there like a little queen on a throne, just enjoying herself and eating a very crumbly granola bar! Corrie?! What are you doing in here still? Are you...EATING?! She just laughed.

Today I put on a long-sleeved shirt before getting dinner ready. As I put my arm into my shirt, I pushed an entire arm's worth of balled up toilet paper out of the sleeve.

Yep, that's Corrie!

No comments:

Post a Comment