Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Quote of the Day

Last week a friend let us borrow her Bible felt board set for a little while. So far we have done two stories from Creation using the various felt pieces. Ellis and I are having flashbacks to Sunday school classes from long ago. It's been sweet seeing how much the kids still love it, even in this age of so much fancy technology. I am glad some things haven't changed. :)

Today I sent Mac and Corrie inside from riding bikes to get cleaned up before lunch. When Davey and I came in, Mac was in the living room playing with cars, but Corrie was nowhere to be found. I called for Corrie several times, but there was no answer. I started to get worried. Was she okay? 

I started to walk down the hallway to look for her, and she came out of our room. 

"Corrie! I was worried about you! Please answer me when I call for you! What were you doing?"

She looked at me with a matter-of-fact expression and gestured with her hand to accentuate her point. She said, 

"Sorry Mama, I was just creating the world." 









*Side Note: I love looking at this picture and seeing so much of Corrie in it. She had a reason for placing every felt piece in a specific spot. It's so cute that the baby bear is riding on his mama, and the lions are in the tree "so they can see better." 

No comments:

Post a Comment