Thursday, May 24, 2012

Another reason to wear socks

See that butter-covered salt shaker? Yeah, that is totally empty. And so is the pepper. And that was a brand new stick of butter.

I thought I had sufficiently cleared the table after dinner last night...I was wrong. I heard a coughing sound coming from the kitchen, and it turns out it was Mac, who was in the act of dumping all of the salt in his mouth. I looked at Corrie and saw her pounding the butter dish with the NEWLY-filled pepper shaker.

The whole table was white, the floor and chairs were white, and both kids were crusted in wet, buttery salt.

They were having a blast.

No matter how hard I tried, I could not seem to get all of the salt off the floor, out of the cracks in the table, etc.

So, I guess it's back to wearing socks again for a while around here.

No comments:

Post a Comment