Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Mac

For a while there, Mac didn't really have any words to say to us. Then he eventually developed a sort of Asian-like babble that he would use continuously...we just wondered when we would ever understand a word he was saying.

Well, he has finally broken through the language barrier, and all of this waiting has not disappointed us!

Some of the phrases he uses are so funny and sweet...where does he hear these things? Here are a few things I heard him say recently:

When he woke up to find a house full of guests eating breakfast with us this weekend, he ran in the kitchen with a huge excited smile and yelled "This is SO CRAZY guys!"

Today he fell down on the walkway and said, in a matter-of-fact way: "That's the biggest fall I ever seen."

When I need to leave him with a babysitter for any length of time, he always comes up to me with a giant hug and says very sweetly, "mommy, I lost you."

Sometimes when I get him out of his carseat, he lays his head on my shoulder and says, "that's my mommy."

And the kicker of the quotes came this afternoon at the grocery store. I looked up from surveying the cheeses to see Mac standing up in cart and proudly holding out his finger saying (quite loudly), "Mommy! I have a wonderful booger for you!"

1 comment:

  1. I hope you enjoyed the wonderful booger!! My favorite is: "This is SO CRAZY guys!"In fact, I'm still giggling over it. What a cutie!!

    ReplyDelete