Monday, October 21, 2013

"Romp Pomp a Chomp"

It's pretty interesting to me what actually makes it onto this blog. Can I get a witness on that from anyone who tries to blog about their kids? There are so many possible posts that never happen. It all just depends on when that perfect symphony of inspiration (can I even call it that?) and a few free minutes (and enough energy) comes together.

Today's inspiration is Mac's current obsession with the "Wiggles." Several weeks ago, he found an old tape in our basement of this delightful children's singing group (if you haven't heard of them, just think along the lines of Barney...in the form of Australian men...who wear colored shirts).

Anyway, the tape is so old that the songs all have that weird sound to them that would make you think you need to replace some batteries. But the thing is that Mac just loves this tape so much, and it is really, really sweet to me. His love for this simple singing group with their silly songs and hand movements is so innocent and endearing. I guess because he seems to be growing up so fast, this is one thing God has granted me to enjoy...reminding me that Mac is still my little guy for a little while longer.

A few days ago when I was putting Mac down for his nap, he said to me, "Mommy, if you are not in the living room or the hallway or the kitchen, I am going to sneak downstairs and watch the Wiggles!" I have caught his attempts several times since then, but today I stepped outside for a few moments to take a phone call. When I stepped inside, I heard that familiar, worn-out rendition of the Wiggles classic song, "Romp Pomp a Chomp" blaring from the basement.

That's Mac!




No comments:

Post a Comment