Saturday, December 7, 2013

Corrie Cat

I went to vacuum the rug in our room this afternoon and I saw something strange...so I decided to take a closer look.

Wait. Is that a...hairball?!

We don't even have a cat! 

Corrie! 

Several months ago a friend mentioned how similar Corrie was to a cat. "Disciplining her is like trying to discipline a cat!" A little while later Corrie woke up from a nap with her dirty-blond hair all disheveled and matted...just like a ferrel cat. 

Since then, I have observed many cat-like qualities in Corrie. She takes any opportunity she can to crawl up on your lap when you are in the middle of a task, managing to squeeze her little body right in the place where you need to get your work done. If you are watching TV, she will crawl up and snuggle herself into your outstretched legs.

But I must say that today takes the cake. I put the kids down for afternoon naps with high hopes of getting a little rest myself. Twice, just as I was drifting off to sleep, a loud noise from the bedroom where Corrie was "sleeping" startled me awake. 

I decided to go in and check on her, and I was not happy to see that she was not on the bed. But I didn't see her anywhere else in the room, either. "Wait a minute, are those little feet sticking out from behind the window shade?" 

Corrie had decided to try and sleep in the window sill! 

That was always the favorite napping spot for our late cat, CT. 

It turned out Corrie was not actually asleep yet. I was still pretty tired, so I decided that I would try and lay down with her. Have you ever tried to sleep with a playful cat? I soon began drifting off to sleep again, but each time I would start to dream, I would feel a sensation like a bunch of hairs were moving  around on top of my face and and hands/arms. I ignored it pretty well for a while, hoping that it would stop eventually, but I finally got to the point where I could not stand it anymore.

I opened my eyes to see that Corrie was tickling me with something that looked a lot like...a hairball. 

"Corrie! What is that?!"

"It's my hair worm, mommy."

"Did you say...Hair Worm? Where did you get that?"

"I pulled my hair out and did this" (rubbing the ball of hair in between the palms of her hands)

It was about the grossest thing ever.   




When our cat CT died, I missed him a lot. He always wanted to crawl up and snuggle.

It is pretty sweet that Corrie has been such a snuggler from the start.




What a sweet gift you are to me, Corrie Cat!

No comments:

Post a Comment