Saturday, December 14, 2013

Sunrise

A little while ago I was washing the dishes, and I started singing the chorus of a song I had heard earlier that day:
"I will stand and shout it, 
with everything sing praises, 
for my King has come and He's coming again." 
- The Digital Age, Symphony of Grace

And then it happened. Just as the words, "my King has come and He's coming again," came across my lips, I stopped scrubbing the melted cheese off of our sponge (hate that). I watched the water run down the drain as all at once I was in the presence of the True Coming King. 

Everything in me was filled with such a sense of joy and exhilaration...sort of like that moment just before you begin a huge descent on a roller coaster ride. After a long, slow, steady incline, you are suddenly cresting a giant peak and a completely new view opens up right before your eyes. The reality of your adventure invades all of your senses! 

Jesus, You are so REAL. 

Being with Him feels sort of like having a sunrise in my heart. 

As Christmas has come near, I have marveled at the miracle of Jesus coming to earth and making a way for us to be with Him. I love Him so much. 

No comments:

Post a Comment