Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Happy New Year

God brought our New Year's Eve to us His time and in His way.

We were all invited to Heidi and Jonathan's house, who we really enjoy, and who also love our kids. Heidi texted me in the morning, "Hi Amanda, how r u today?" I told her that I wasn't sure if we would be coming to her house for New Year's. She texted me back, "Ok Amanda! I love you" and "I will also pray that you do what God wants for you tonight!" The perfect prayer for us. And I knew she really meant it...she just wanted whatever God wanted for us.

By the time our dinner was over, we had a very cranky little Davey (he's been sick with a bad cold). Ellis took Mac aside and said, "Do you want to build your Iron Man suit?" (Mac had asked Ellis to build him an Iron Man suit...because of course Daddy could build one!)

I was sweetly surprised when I came out to the living room after getting Davey ready for bed. Corrie, Mac and Daddy had been working hard on their robot suit, and the helmet and body were ready for Mac to try them on.

I put Davey to bed, and when I came out, Ellis was fitting Mac with the Iron Man legs:

Mac was in heaven with that cardboard creation covering his body. He didn't mind at all that the helmet was a little big and wobbly and that he couldn't bend his legs when he tried to walk. In his little world, he was Iron Man. 


Seeing him trying to get out of the thing was pretty hilarious

Meanwhile, as all of the Iron Man activity continued, Corrie decided to retire to her "chair fort." It was the sweetest thing seeing her in there, trying to "sleep." She kept coming out and saying, 
"Excuse me, all of that talking is waking me up!"


We finished working on the Iron Man suit, and somehow, it just seemed like a great time to try the new game that we got for Christmas ("Suspend"). It was our first time playing a game together as a family. I thought to myself, "I think we are having our first family night." 

We finished the game, and soon all three kids were in bed. It was only 7:30pm, and it seemed God was not done with our family night yet. Ellis and I felt drawn to be alone together, so I texted Heidi and told her we would not be at her party, which started at eight. We discovered that God had still even more that he wanted to give to us!

I am looking forward to sharing with Heidi how God answered her prayer. He brought our New Year's Eve to us in His time and His way, and I am so glad that we got what He wanted for us.

As a side note, I would say that Mac had the New Year's Eve of his dreams: ringing in the New Year while he slept with a Robot Suit hanging over his head!



No comments:

Post a Comment