Friday, January 17, 2014

Christmas

Just thought I would record a summary of our family's Christmas this year:

For one thing, the tree was a little "Charlie Brownish" this year. My mom gave me a small tree to use as a decoration, but I just decided to use it as our family tree. Trying to get the big one out of the attic and put it all together seemed like a big task, and I just didn't have the energy. 

You gotta love little kids, they totally went with the tiny tree and had a blast with it. When my dad came to visit, he laughed and laughed at our tree. He tried to take a picture of us sitting under it and looking up at it to see if he could make it look bigger, but it only looked more hilarious and tinier than ever. Oh well, it was still fun to decorate!


Dave got into some toys one afternoon, and he reminded me so much of when Mac was his age!

We got a package in the mail from Jeremy and Joy. All of the gifts we found inside were thoughtful and just right for each of us, and I suppose it should be no surprise that the bubble wrap was a big crowd pleaser! 

I don't listen to much music, but one artist I have loved since college is Sara Groves. I was quite surprised when I opened the mail one day and found Sarah Groves' latest CD AND a personally signed family Christmas card! 

Grandpa, Grandma Belding, Jake (the dog), and Aunt Rachel came to visit on Christmas Eve. It was great spending that time together. We had a relaxed dinner and then opened some gifts. Dean dressed up as Santa, and the kids had fun with that!

Around 6pm, Ellis got called in to the hospital to deliver a baby. He came home around 4am on Christmas morning. So, here was Ellis most of Christmas Day:

But even with the lack of sleep, God gave us a nice morning and afternoon together before visiting Ellis' family in the evening. 

And I sure did love getting a glimpse of the Christmas morning sunrise! I loved breathing in that crisp, cool winter morning air.




No comments:

Post a Comment