Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Banana Tacos

I wish you could experience Corrie in person rather than through written stories or pictures/videos. There's just something pretty sweet about her that you have to see for yourself.

She is always saying things like, "Ooohh, that's so BEAUTIFUL!" and "I LOVE ____." And the things that she "loves" are so random and may not even exist! The other day the phrase was, "Mommy, I just love banana tacos!" We were having tacos, so I gave her a banana with it, as requested. Pretty gross.

Here I am asking her, "Corrie, are you happy?" and she is saying, "Yeah...because I love banana tacos."
And meanwhile, at the other end of the table, was Little D :)
Corrie loves getting new clothes or discovering forgotten shirts/pants/socks in her drawers. I put her in a new outfit this morning, and I thought she was about as cute as I have ever seen her.

The other day at dinner she looked at me and said, with the most solemn, serious expression, "Mommy, do you know I don't eat very much food?" She stated it so matter-of-factly, as though it would guarantee her a free pass from having to eat her dinner. Sorry Corrie, you can at least eat a few bites!

I love hearing the thoughts that come out of her little head...being that I am a dreamer by nature, her realist outlook catches me by surprise and brings humor our days.

She loves "helping" with the laundry, cooking, cleaning, taking care of Davey...it's very fun giving her different jobs. I am sad to say that I have only recently started to make a pointed effort to include her, but I am grateful that God has intervened to make me sensitive to her desire to help. She doesn't always follow through so well, but it's fun doing things with her...

You are a sweet "arrow in our quiver," Corrie, for which we are very grateful!



No comments:

Post a Comment