Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Videos

As mentioned in previous posts, this winter has been a crazy snowy one. We've been forced to stay inside a lot, and although it has had its challenges, I am grateful for all of the time we've spent together in our home. 

I feel God has been using the difficulties of this winter to teach me how to be a mom, and I also have a strong awareness that this short season with the kids will pass quickly. We may not have a winter like this ever again...with all of us being together all day, and so I am treasuring it for the gift that it is, challenges and all!

So, as it snows again this morning, I thought I would post a collection of short videos that paint a picture of this memorable season. Winter 2014. (And when I mentioned that God is teaching me how to be a mom, I mostly meant that in terms of matters of the heart. That's my disclaimer for the half-dressed, disheveled children in sometimes dangerous situations in these videos!)








Our own little Winter Olympics

And speaking of the Winter Olympics, here is one last video. The other night Ellis and I were watching the finals for the slopestyle ski event, and one competitor took the opportunity to share something important with the world:


Yep, Wutang is for the children. Ever since we saw that, when things get completely ridiculous around here in our cabin fever, one of us will look at the other with a serious face and say, "Honey, it's okay...Wutang is for the children." Suddenly we are laughing and able to see the humor in it all.

So, I guess whether the day turns out to be a terrible, discouraging challenge, or a surprisingly enjoyable time, God is kindly teaching us to make this verse our banner and theme:

"This is the day that the LORD has made;
let us rejoice and be glad in it."
-Psalm 118:24



No comments:

Post a Comment