Wednesday, July 6, 2016

A Girl and Her Yo-Yo

Several days ago, Corrie came into the possession of a very cheap little toy yo-yo. Who would have thought it would become her favorite entertainment for hours on end? Not me. I can actually yo-yo, and it was nearly impossible with the tiny toy. 

Amazingly, after only three or four days, she was actually successful with her new yo-yo...once. She's been pretty excited about it. 

Earlier this morning, I was nursing Abigail in her room when I heard Corrie yell, "oh no!"

My first thought was, "oh, no, David peed on the floor again." Thankfully, Corrie was simply alerting me that we had run out of toilet paper in the bathroom. "Okay!," I said, "I'll get you some as soon as I am done with Abigail. Just sit tight for a few minutes!" 

Then I heard her say, "Okay! I'll wait!" And then a little later I heard her say to herself, matter-of-factly, "Good thing I've got my yo-yo."

I don't know why that made me laugh so much, but it did.

Since then, she's been pretending to be a cheetah named spot. She has been entertaining herself immensely by acting out what a yo-yoing cheetah would look like!   

 

That's Corrie!





No comments:

Post a Comment