Wednesday, July 6, 2016

"Let's Play Dinosaurs"

We started off our summer vacation with some mild colds for the kids. Unfortunately, the cold was not so mild for me. I ended up being sidelined for a few weeks with a sinus infection and severe ear infection. 

Needless to say, the kids had their run of the house for days, and it was quite obvious. I literally had dreams of Lord of Flies as I lay in bed. 

One sweet note of those memorable weeks was how much David and Corrie enjoyed playing together. They played "dinosaur" for hours each day. 

At some point in the day, usually after swim lessons, one of the two would say, "let's play dinosaurs!" After happily agreeing, they would begin building houses from blocks and make a dinosaur family. Corrie would be the mom, and David would be the dad. They would take their family on walks, put the babies in time out, etc. 

It was so funny hearing their conversations (when I could hear), and so surprising that they could spend so many hours enjoying their imaginations together. I started sitting Abigail next to them to watch for as long as she would stand it before crying. 

Would they have come up with their game if I had been healthy and kept them busy with other things? I am not sure. And I am so thankful for such a sweet memory of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment