Monday, July 30, 2012

A Poem from Saudi Arabia

(Excerpt from 30 Days of Prayer for the Muslim World, www.worldchristian.com)

"He Inhabited the Depth of My Heart"
I beheld his light from afar
from behind the mountains, from behind the horizon. 
He arose like the light of the radiant morning filled with joy. 
He arose within my soul so filled with darkness, 
my lost and confused soul, my soul that did not know the meaning of rest. 
Yet he visited me like the gentle breeze.
Like the fragrance emanates through the hills. He visited me...
He inhabited the depths of my heart and settled there within. 
He filled my soul with purity, with life. 
He is Jesus, the tender compassionate one Jesus, 
          the source of my joy, Jesus, the anchor of my soul.
I adored him since I first met him, 
          and have melted in passionate love for him.
And how could it be otherwise?
For he has loved me from days of old.


This poem was written by a Saudi woman who believes in the Messiah. We can all ask ourselves if our own relationship with God has the depth and beauty we read in this text. Do I know Jesus in this way?
And please be praying for the dear Muslim men and women around the world during the special time of Ramadan.






2 comments:

  1. "And how could it be otherwise? For he has loved me from days of old."

    There is the beauty of the Gospel story.

    ReplyDelete