Saturday, July 7, 2012

Happy Anniversary to you, too

Yesterday evening I was surprised by roses and chocolates and a husband who said, "Happy Anniversary!"

As I reflect on another year, I am pretty amazed, honestly. I am thankful. Does "thankful" even describe it? Well, let's see...how many years has it been now? We can never remember until we start counting the number of World Cups we have been married for.

I would say this year has been something extra special though. We have had some of our most difficult times, and we have seen the Lord meet us right where we are and knit us together in Him. Is there any more wonderful gift we could have?

So Ellis, "Happy Anniversary to you, too." It's been a very memorable 1 and 1/2 World Cups worth of marriage with you.


And, as we prayed last night: "Thank you Lord, for the years you have given us, and for however many more years you have ahead for us. We treasure every one and we thank you for them all!"




No comments:

Post a Comment