Wednesday, January 30, 2013

I want to remember it!

Today was one those days when you just want to throw in the towel. There were bright spots, for sure, but it's been a tough one, too!

It's always a little harder when the new baby is fussy all day and hardly sleeps. Poor Davey did not have a great day today. I took his temperature a few hours ago, worried that he may have gotten Mac & Corrie's nasty virus. Thankfully, his temp. was fine. Phew!

It took almost two hours just to calm him down and get him to sleep tonight. But that just made one particular part of our evening together even more special to me: He gave me his first smile!!!

I started talking to him, and for the first time it seemed he was actually looking at me - right into my eyes. Then he made the funniest face, which made me smile...and he smiled back! That made me laugh...and he laughed back! He actually laughed!

It was so wonderful. I'd say the whole interaction lasted about 3 seconds, but time stood still for me. Then he went back to crying again.

Just wanted to record this event. Very special!

I wish I had a picture of that moment to share, but here is a video of Corrie and Davey instead.


No comments:

Post a Comment