Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Update

So thankful that Mac seems to be on the mend! He did not throw up last night, thank the Lord. A positive outcome from this stomach bug is that Mac can now throw up in a trashcan by himself (instead of all over the furniture, floors, his bed, clothes, etc.) I cannot explain what a relief that is!

When I saw him playing with Corrie this morning, I knew he was starting to feel like himself again. It is still so funny to me to see the difference between their two coloring styles. In the video below, Corrie is making "letters," and Mac is making "SUPER POWER!!!"



Corrie is still learning to stay in her bed at naptime and bedtime. Seems like keeping her room picked up is a lost cause, but we will keep at it. When I looked in on her this morning, this is how she was sleeping:

Mac and Corrie continue to be infatuated with their little brother. Unfortunately, I am constantly teaching them how to interact with David in a kind, safe way. This morning Mac ran over to me and said, laughing, "I threw lots of clothes on baby David!" Then he thought about what he just said and quickly told me, "But I didn't mean to!" Sorry Buddy, but that little phrase does not exonerate you from your actions!

And speaking of baby David, even though it seems like he hardly eats very much at a time, little Davey is not so little at all anymore. I put a 3-month sleeper on him yesterday and it was almost too small. He is getting pretty heavy, too. It's hard to believe that just a few weeks ago he was this tiny...it seemed like I could almost fit him in my hand!

Now he can hardly fit on my chest to sleep. And he is so strong! A couple weeks ago I sat him on my lap to burp him while feeding him in the middle of the night. Instead of supporting his chest/chin in my hand, I was amazed that he actually sat up and looked around! "What in the world?!!!" Was I just delirious, or did I have some kind of robot baby? What kind of 3 1/2 week old does that? 

All in all, I would say that we are slowly beginning to find our footing as a family of five!

1 comment:

  1. Love that family! The video of Mac and Corrie coloring made me laugh. Both so precious, and totally different. Davey looks so great, and so do you, Amanda!

    ReplyDelete