Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Firsts

Davey had a big morning today: His first time rolling onto his tummy and back again. He's been getting really close for quite a while. Here he was yesterday:
And then today he did it! With his big bother and sister right there with him to see it too:

I really wanted to get a good picture, and I finally got an acceptable one after about 20 pictures of Mac's head.


Another first: yesterday I bit the bullet and took all of the kids to WalMart for groceries. I am telling you, groceries are the hardest thing to get done around here (and laundry). Well, yesterday marked a new level of coming to the end of myself as a mom in a public place. (If you have heard any of my "grocery store nightmare" stories, you know this one had to be a doozy). 

After constant corrections, discipline, etc., I finally just literally got on my knees and prayed right there the middle of the dairy section. (I really didn't care who saw at that point...all dignity is lost, and it is WalMart in Front Royal, after all). All I could do was ask Jesus fill me and take over. I would like to say that everything was magically fixed after that, but the kids still disobeyed and oscillated between tormenting each other and spurring each other on toward naughty deeds. There was one change though. I felt Christ's presence and I felt completely dependent on Him, whereas before I was acting out of my own strength and parenting habits. I eventually decided to separate the kids (which felt like admitting defeat), but I will concede that Corrie was looking pretty cute in the back of the cart with all of the groceries :)

And Mac could stretch out to his heart's content without making a sister scream:

Another fun first was playing with umbrellas with the water hose the other day:

I think Mac liked it:


Corrie was satisfied after a couple trips through the "waterfall" and kept a safe distance after that :)

And another mischievous first for the two roommates: I heard noises the other night at 3am. It was Mac and Corrie deciding to have a sleepover on the floor in their room together. No mystery as to who instigated that one.

And this sweet little guy. Not exactly a first, but I am recording it as such because it feels that way. Having time to sit on the bed together and talk and interact. It is so special and refreshing...each time feels new.



1 comment:

  1. What is it about those "bike carts," as the boys call them? They have them at target and they bring out the worst in all of us, too!

    ReplyDelete