Tuesday, June 25, 2013

New Hair

Yesterday Grandpa Dean and Mac went to the Barber together. The name of the barber shop made me laugh: "Hi Barber" (owned by a foreign family). It was so representative of the melting pot area where I grew up in the suburbs of DC!

Afterwards, Mac came bounding in the door and said, "Mommy, mommy! I have NEW hair!!!" It was pretty cute. Corrie was so sad that she didn't get to go with them, but this morning Grandma gave Corrie a new hairstyle of her own: Corrie got her very first pigtails (one was kind of on the back of her head, but it was still cute). I took pictures of the kids and their "new hair" this morning:
 
I got the kids to laugh and smile by impersonating the voice of Captain Hook. They love imagining they are in the movie Peter Pan, but they always pretend to be Captain Hook and "Mr. Smeed," in Corrie's words. You would think they would make a great Peter and Wendy, but Mac is always Captain Hook and Corrie is always Mr. Smee. In the pictures above I was telling them, "Captain Hook says there is no smiling!" And, "are you laughing, Mr. Smee?!!!!!" They thought that was too funny. 

And then Corrie found a baby centipede, and all interest in the photo shoot was lost.
Davey was sleeping inside, so we stayed outside for a little while and looked for more bugs in the garden. Corrie found a rusted metal turtle decoration and told me, "This is my friend. He's a giant tortoise." That girl's knowledge of reptiles never ceases to amaze me!
Another great treat from our visit was the chance to do some laundry. I woke up this morning and saw that my mom had folded both loads for me and put them in the basket last night. What a great surprise. Thanks, Mom!

The drive home on 66 West was uneventful, other than one very strange sight. I saw a trailer ahead of us, and all I could think was, "What in the world?!!" 
Once I got close, I blinked and shook my head. Was I seeing things right? Those strange jumping things were actually the feet of a muppet! This was definitely the most unique puppet show me and the kids had ever seen. We all laughed.

When we got home, I saw that our garden had some veggies for us. This is really exciting for me and I can't wait to eat these up! We are so thankful for a wonderful visit with our family and the gifts God brings us, big and small.

No comments:

Post a Comment