Thursday, July 18, 2013

"He looks like a man trapped in a baby's body!"

That's what a friend said yesterday when she saw Davey for the first time in a while. Awe...sweet little Davey...he always has looked a lot like a balding, middle-aged man to me. Bless his little heart...he is still a cute little guy.

Here he was the other day playing on the floor. I had left him laying on his back and heard him crying a short while later. He had rolled over and couldn't find his toy :)

Little D has also started eating solids. Poor guy...I think I was starving him: I started out with the customary, very watered-down rice cereal and he demolished that immediately. By the third day of solids he was eating three big bowls a day! Here he was sitting in his high chair for one of his first meals...a snapshot of his life right now (can't even enjoy a peaceful meal w/out his big brother trying to dangle a car on a string in front of his face!)


Ellis and I got to have a little date with Davey all to ourselves last weekend when we went to a wedding. Like the other two kids, Davey loves being on Ellis' shoulders, but unlike the other kids, he is constantly flailing around and laughing and enjoying the suspense of almost falling off!

Another thing I want to mention about our "Davey Dave" (as Mac and Corrie call him): He is so excited about life and discovery and being active. When I pick him up after a nap, he gives me huge belly laughs and squeals and grabs onto me and tries to run right up my body and jump off!

When I am nursing him, I have found there are certain shirts I simply cannot wear and certain pillows or interesting toys that cannot be around. He will be so interested in the patterns and playing with them that he will not eat. I started singing to him while he is nursing, and that has kept his attention long enough to get somewhat of a meal in him. It's been very sweet and I am treasuring the short window of time that we have to spend together like this.


2 comments:

  1. How precious!! I love the last photo of you and Davey Dave :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute baby!It is still early to take special care of the skin.


    Nail Salon Davie

    ReplyDelete