Saturday, June 16, 2012

Aunts and Uncles & the best part of any day

Yesterday Uncle Jeremy and Aunt Joy flew into town all the way from California, and we also got to spend some quality time with Aunt Rachel. Miss you guys so much!

 Jeremy pushing Corrie on the swings

 Jeremy and Rachel on the swings

And we also got to try out the neighborhood pool for the first time this year!

Aunt Meredith's wedding is this weekend, and yesterday we had a very fancy and delicious rehearsal dinner. Look at that beautiful bride-to-be (if you can avoid being distracted by that guy on the far right...he made that face on purpose!)
And a very beautiful Aunt Rachel

But the most special thing about the day - the thing I wanted to write about so that I don't forget (because I do forget) - is the sweet time that I was surprised by after all of the festivities were over and it was late and time to go to sleep. 

Before going to sleep, I had a small inclination to kneel by the bed and spend a few minutes with my Savior, Jesus Christ. I was so tired. I was not expecting much, just a few minutes to thank him for such a wonderful day and open my heart up to him.

How sweet those moments were, abiding with him! It is very true what the Psalmist wrote: 
"You will show me the path of life; in Your presence is fullness of joy" - psalm 16:11

I remember thinking, "Jesus, spending time with you like this is the best part of this already amazing day...better than any day or anyone...thank you!"

This morning I read an recent post from an amazing blog that I would highly recommend reading. The blog is written by a girl who went to Africa and ended up staying there and adopting a bunch of kids. Love reading her posts...they are So Real. She explains what I am trying to say so much better than I ever could: http://kissesfromkatie.blogspot.com/2012/06/what-weve-been-up-to.html

Jesus, I just want to tell you that you are the treasure of my heart...and I love that even when I forget (how often I forget!), you are always faithful to remind me.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment