Thursday, June 21, 2012

To my husband

To my hard-working, amazingly resourceful, talented husband,

Mac and Corrie got a chance to tell you how thankful they are for you in an earlier post, but now it is my turn to say I love you. I am thankful for you...growing more so every day.

I want to tell you thank you for finding the most creative and unique ways to make sure that our family is provided for. Somehow, even when things are not looking so hot on paper, you keep finding a way for me to stay home and spend my time investing in our children. The Lord is blessing us. Thank you for looking to Him as you lead our family.

Do you know what we got to do today while you were working hard and (literally) saving lives? We went on an adventurous bike ride in Harper's Ferry, West Virginia with The Beaune's. It was just a tad hot out there, but we all had a pretty memorable time.

Here was our posse...ready to ride!

Getting psyched! 

The (mostly) shaded trail

View of the river from the trail

Here is the spot that we stopped at for lunch. You can probably imagine that neither kid ate much...not with a river and rocks around! 

Before I even had the lunch bag open, Mac and Thomas were already having a blast in the water. Forgot I had put a diaper on Mac in case he decided to go #2 during the ride. Darn! That thing was so heavy and full of river water...had to lug it all the way home and then it exploded in the carport when I tried to throw it away!

Corrie was as cute and sweet as ever (except for the fact that she was really whiney and cried pretty much the whole time).

All in all, we all had a lot fun...but we missed you!

On the bike-ride back to the car, the kids finally ate some lunch. Yes, this picture is a pretty accurate depiction of each child's nutritional preference!

And lastly, here is the scene from when we got home.  Who gets to spend an afternoon like this? Mac and Corrie playing with trains while I got to lay on the couch and watch the Euro 2012 quarterfinals...yes, days like this are a wonderful gift. A hard-earned gift. Thank you honey, we love you.

P.S. You just nailed me square in the forehead with my elastic hair band while I was typing this...and now you are celebrating the "most accurate long-distance shot ever." Sigh...I think better go back and re-read this post!

No comments:

Post a Comment