Monday, June 11, 2012

The Trimans

Dan and Julia, if you get a chance to read this post, I want you to know that the first thing Mac said when he woke up this morning was, "Mommy, I want my friends to come back. Please my friends come back to see Mac?" He loves you guys.

Yesterday the Trimans ventured out of their cool urban apartment in the heart of Washington, DC to visit us Johns' in the mountains of Front Royal. 

What a relaxing and fun day we had watching the EURO 2012 soccer games and then going strawberry picking at a farm just up the road. You can see from the picture below that the scenery was beautiful. Even though we didn't exactly find a bountiful harvest to pick (apparently, it was the very last day for strawberry picking), we still made some good memories. You know, now that I think about it, it was probably a good that there were not tons of huge ripe strawberries hanging off of every bush...I think it seriously cut down on the strawberry squashing factor.

Julia was very exciting to start the picking!

Mac was ready with his trains in hand. Those are must for any adventure these days.

I started off by letting Mac hold the container while I picked the strawberries. I worked very hard to add 5 or 6 great strawberries, and then I heard, "Mmmm! Good! Mmmm!" I turned around to see this. I changed  my picking/gathering strategy after that.

Mac and Corrie were both enjoying the fresh strawberries.

After finding enough strawberries to fill four containers, I smelled something interesting. "Oh man! Mac! you have poopy pants!" Mac has really grown up the past couple of weeks and is now in real underwear. The only thing is that he has only made it to the potty once when it comes to going #2. We all decided that it was a good time to call it quits so we could find a place to eat our picnic dinner (and I could attempt to reconcile our poopy pants situation).

It turned out that there was a great little picnic table under the shade of some peach trees. We couldn't ask for anything better!

Corrie and Julia

Mac and Dan

And one last picture to end with: Julia and Corrie getting dressed up and ready for our strawberry adventure. Corrie is checking out her sweet hat in the reflection in Julia's glasses.

1 comment:

  1. Love it!!! We had so much fun - can't wait till the next rendezvous!

    Your blog makes me laugh and cry in the best of ways. Thanks for writing, hope you continue!

    ReplyDelete