Monday, June 4, 2012

Corrie Johns

Yesterday Corrie didn't take an afternoon nap, and we had some time to just enjoy her and capture some of the cute things she does right now. She has always been very observant of animals and she loves making the various animal sounds. Here is a video of some of her animal sounds:


Later, Ellis needed a haircut, so I put Corrie at the table with what I thought would be a pretty good amount food. I thought for sure she would be occupied long enough for me to cut Ellis' hair outside in the carport, which is just outside the kitchen... 

Well, our hair buzzer is pretty loud, so I guess I didn't hear her sneak past me and escape outside. When I looked over, I saw that she found a nice rain puddle to play in...complete with the bib still on and her nice church dress...and bare feet!


The funny thing is that my mom got Corrie a pair of rain boots on Saturday, which she has insisted on wearing 24/7 (even to church...see picture below). I couldn't believe she was in bare feet for the rain puddle!

Speaking of church, we tried riding our bikes to church again yesterday. I would say it went slightly better this time...but you can tell from this picture that Ellis was pretty exhausted after hauling the kids up the huge hill that the church is on. He is laying on his back, desperately trying not to throw up. 

In fact, the stress on the bike was so intense that it broke Ellis' wheel...which meant I had to pull the kids home...yeah, the ride home was a little slow. So slow, in fact, that Corrie fell asleep in the bike...which is why she didn't take a nap!




No comments:

Post a Comment