Tuesday, August 14, 2012

$5.99?!!!

It all started when Mommy had a craving for Pizza Hut Deep Dish Pizza, and nothing else was gonna hit the spot quite the same. That craving led to one of those rare, special finds...the kind that you can hardly believe and you just have to share. (Almost on the same level as finding a pineapple corer from Aldi). 

We happen to have a Pizza Hut about 30 seconds from our house, but I had pretty much vowed never to go there again. We went there once on the first night we moved here, and the place was completely packed and they only had one server. We waited forever just to order, and when I asked if they had a spoon so I could feed Corrie her baby food (she was about 6 months then), the lady told me I would have to feed my baby with a knife! I kid you not. My brother-in-law looked at me with a very serious expression and said, "This is where you live now."

Anyway, back to today. Something about a pregnancy craving will make you forget those minor details about customer service, and I thought, "you know, maybe we can just see how lunch would go there." 

Boy was I in for a surprise! They had the lunch buffet going on, which I assumed would be too expensive for all three of us, but I asked the server anyway. "$5.99 for all three of us?!!!" No way!

Would you believe we each had a salad, breadsticks (well, that was mostly me) and at least 2 pieces of pizza each for only $5.99? What a steal! And the place was pretty much empty (I tried to ignore the implications that could be drawn from that fact), which meant that we had immediate service, and there was zero wait time since we ate from the buffet. Could I ask for anything better with two toddlers? I think we were in and out of there in 30 minutes tops.

It was pretty much the best lunch ever. 





No comments:

Post a Comment