Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Is it just me...

Or are these little guys especially amazing? Living in apartments until recently has meant that we haven't had a lot of access to pools in the summers. (Well, the last place did boast a pool, which was one of the reasons why we picked it, but I took Mac in it one time and counted about 4 used bandaids floating in it...yeah, that was the end of that!)

Anyway, before this summer, the kids had only "waded" in whatever baby pools I could get them to when visiting friends (thanks Kelly!) But we recently were given access to a nearby pool, and I was really surprised to hear the kids begging for the "big pool."

I put water wings on both kids and expected them to stay on the steps and play. By the second time, both kids were venturing out in the 3 & 4 foot deep sections - on their own! Is that normal? I don't know, I am just amazed. By the third time (yesterday), Corrie had made herself completely comfortable swimming around the entire pool by herself like it was nothing. I still make sure to stay close them, but I can't believe how little involvement they require already.

Mac and Corrie, I just wanted to document this for you guys so you can see how incredible you are!
On a side note, is that what my voice really sounds like? I feel like this video is being narrated by a character on VeggieTales.

No comments:

Post a Comment