Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Something Special


There's just something really special about being able to sit around the dinner table together as a family. We haven't had too many opportunities over the past year to eat together, and we have begun to really treasure it when we can. In fact, today I had the option to cook or go to Chick-fil-a  for dinner instead. I am still in disbelief, but the idea of us getting to eat dinner at home together warmed my heart so much that the thought of cooking was actually really nice. 

Wait...what? Yes, it's true. If my mom is reading this, she is in shock. And you know what, I hadn't even thought about what to cook until about 5:15pm when I decided to scratch the Chick-fil-a idea. I haven't even really been to the store in almost two weeks and I had no idea what to make, but I can honestly say that the Lord just made dinner for us out of nothing. And Ellis kept commenting on how good the food was and how nice it was to "come from work to this." 

We don't deserve it at all, but this is the Lord making Himself real to us in our family. He really does love us! Oh, and Ellis: sorry to capture you in mid-bite. Hey, we take what we can get with the pictures these days.  



No comments:

Post a Comment