Friday, August 17, 2012

For Mac

Mac, this one is for you buddy. You really have made me laugh today :)

All week, you and Corrie have come along with me to help out with our church's soccer camp. You guys have been loving it!


The toughest part for me has been trying to keep you guys settled when I have been up talking to the campers. (Once, you came up and started dancing next to me with a big dinosaur. Later, you came up and hugged my leg while we were reviewing our memory verses). Wish I could have captured those moments because you were very cute!


But today was the funniest.

I decided to drop you and Corrie off at the nursery because I was going to be doing a lot more talking today. About half-way through the program, I saw you and the camp nurse coming toward me. You had an expression like you were in extreme pain, and you were limping pathetically toward me with a little whimper that seemed to grow louder the closer you got to me. I looked down and noticed a little bandaid on your big toe. I am so sorry Macky - but I could not help but laugh! The whole scene was so overdramatic and funny.

Apparently, someone pushed a truck into your toe. We sat together and prayed for your toe, and you were a very sweet little guy. You stayed with me the rest of the time, always limping everywhere you went!

 
Here you are, telling me all about the big injury!

I just could not help but document your little limpy walk. 

And the best part of all was that since it was the last day of camp, the campers got a special ice cream treat! That about cured the toe right there :-)
  
 



1 comment:

  1. That limp! Hahaha. Oh man. I really miss you guys!

    ReplyDelete