Sunday, October 7, 2012

"C-mon Corrie! I must show you how to fly!"

Oh boy. That's what I overheard the other day from the kitchen. I came into the living room to find Corrie perched on top of the lego bin saying "I want to fly!," while Mac had just propelled himself off of the arm of the couch shouting, "To Infinity and Beyond!"

"Mac! You and Corrie may NOT fly off the couch!" 

"But mommy, we have to fly like Buzz Lightyear!!!!"

Sorry Buddy, but we don't have to make the chances of going to the emergency room any greater than they already are (just ask your buddy Jack about that!)

The thing is, I distinctly remember my brother and I doing the same thing when we were younger. In fact, I believe one of our favorite "flying" activities was jumping off of the back of the recliner chair and landing on the mini exercise trampoline. 

The thing is, we did things that were a whole lot worse than that. And we loved it! At least, I did. (I think Jeremy would have been more than happy just to play with his army men, safely on the floor).

So, I guess I can't bee too surprised to find Mac masterminding these dangerous scenes. I am just going to be praying a whole lot, and doing my best to convince him that such activities are unacceptable! (Even though I secretly wish I were doing them too).


How Mac "rides" his car down the hill. Watched him do this for at least a half-hour.



2 comments:

  1. Oh man. I remember all that stuff. We had that oval shaped table that we would run around and spin on. It had a top that would flip up. I remember standing on that thing and having it open, tumbling me to the ground so many times.

    And remember the pullout couch? We used to close it while one of us was IN THE COUCH.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And two others I remembered:

      The game "Close Shave." One of us had to stand against the wall like a statue while the other one threw a ball as hard as possible, trying to narrowly miss the other and say "that was a close shave!" If we happened to get nailed in the face...oh well, all just part of the game!

      "Tightrope walking." We would tie a jump rope from the banister in the basement to the flimsy little knob on the closet door (at least 4 feet high) and try to walk across it. How that did not end in disaster is beyond me!

      Delete