Thursday, October 25, 2012

The Bump

Well, I had another request to post a picture of the bump on the blog today (thanks Jessica), so I thought, "oh alright, I guess we might as well give it a try."

Then I found my mind wandering as I imagined what a really nice baby bump picture might be...

I pictured myself outside with the beautiful Fall trees and mountains in the background. Maybe my hair could be gently swaying in the pleasant afternoon breeze and I could be wearing whatever people wear for these kind of pictures, and I would have a beautiful expression of peace and elegance on my face...

Or, I could be standing in the kitchen after a long day with the dirty dinner dishes in the background. My hair could be matted down by the Ranch dressing the kids had on their salad and I could be wearing the same outfit I have been wearing just about everyday for the last six months, and I could have this expression on my face:


Nope. That's not gonna work. How about if we get a picture from the other side?


Hmm. Well, the expression is a little better, but now that stain from dinner landing on the baby belly is showing. You know what, let's just scratch the whole idea. I certainly wouldn't want these pictures posted for the world to see on the internet or anything!

But you know what is kinda nice about the baby bump? It's an automatic hand rest wherever you go. When I am standing and talking to someone, I don't even need pockets - I have nice built-in spot to casually rest my hands upon.

I was getting a drink of water this afternoon and I looked up to see that Corrie was watching me. I guess I was resting my other arm on the belly because when I looked at Corrie she was copying me and resting her free hand on her belly too. 


Another thing about the belly bump is that special day when you wake up and find that your bump has quadrupled in size over night. All the sudden your feet are missing when you look down. And then you notice that your kids are missing. Corrie? Is that you down there sitting at my feet? Is that your knee sticking out down there from below the belly?  


Well, I guess that all in all, it's kind of fun having a baby bump. The best part is feeling that sweet little one moving and kicking around and thinking about seeing him or her soon. 

Love you little one. I will miss us always being able to be together wherever I go like we are now. Thank you Lord, for this very sweet season.



No comments:

Post a Comment