Monday, August 12, 2013

Corrie and Davey

I am reminded more and more how quickly this life can be over: in a moment you or I may be face to face with Jesus. That is reality. Somehow this makes me treasure little things about our kids that I used to overlook. If you really watch them and enjoy them, life becomes simpler and fuller at the same time. 

For instance, it's been a joy to discover that Davey seems to already have a sweet relationship with his big brother and sister. Whereas Mac relates to Davey with tons of energy and excitement, Corrie has a gentle and patient way with him. 

The other day we went for a walk to the park, and Davey sat in the double chariot with Corrie for the first time. Every time I looked at them, they were either holding hands or Davey was resting his hand on Corrie's leg.
Corrie is always requesting to hold Davey...I think he weighs as much as she does!
Tonight I had them both in the tub for the first time. It was pretty cute seeing them in there playing together, and Corrie was very patient with him. I guess surviving almost three years of Mac has trained her pretty well for dealing with anything Davey can dish out.
I am also savoring every moment before Davey goes mobile. He is the grabbiest of all of the kids and is so interested in everything. I can't even imagine what kind of "adventure" awaits us once he is on the loose, and lately he has been getting up on all fours looking like he is going to take off any minute.
I have been leaving him to play in his little spot in the living room, as usual, but lately he has ended up in the craziest places. How he manages to get stuck under our various furniture items is quite a talent.
And today we had a great treat of having family come to visit for the afternoon. Mac and Corrie had a blast with all of their cousins, and I will admit that I actually loved having seven kids under seven here. 



No comments:

Post a Comment