Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Mac's Lucky Tattoo

"Mac! What is on your arm?!!"

"It's a boat letting out a fishing net."

He said it so matter-of-factly and excitedly that I couldn't help but let the fact that he colored on his arm slide. Such creative enthusiasm...so Mac.





Corrie got away with one herself the other day at naptime. I heard her making a lot of noise and went in prepared to lay down some law, wooden spoon and all...

But when I saw her, all of my disciplinarian resolve melted away into a big, beaming smile.

"Mommy, look at my sleeping bag!" (Said with a smile at first, but then a big frown when she realized she was in trouble).

She had removed the pillowcase and climbed into it, creating her own little perfectly-sized sleeping bag.

So creative, so unusual, but at the same time practical and sort of genius...so Corrie.

No comments:

Post a Comment