Tuesday, August 6, 2013

High Power Fun

This week is High Power Soccer Camp at our church. Me and the kids have been having a blast (for the most part). I am enjoying a less involved role than usual, as I am mainly "floating" around and encouraging the volunteers, meeting new families and filling in to help wherever needed. God has placed our church in such a beautiful location, and one of my favorite scenes ever is seeing kids playing soccer and having fun in front of the backdrop of God's majestic mountains.

Today the camp nurse needed me to take over her duties, and a short while later a little girl came up the hill crying because someone had kicked her ankle. As I was looking over her "injury," another little girl came over and asked her what happened and asked if she was okay. I asked, "are you her friend?" She said, "no, I am her sister." I asked, "well, would you like to pray for your sister's ankle before I get her some ice?" Her response was so sweet and one that melted my heart. Yes, she said she did want to pray, and then she asked her little sister, "do you want me to pray for your ankle?" Her little sister said "yes" through her tears. And then the big sister (about 7 or 8 years-old) said, "okay, close your eyes," and then the two bowed their little heads so that their foreheads were resting on each other as they folded their hands and prayed. The big sister's prayer was so childlike yet so perfect. It blew me away. 

Another highlight for me has been seeing Mac and Corrie jump right in the with campers during the "Zone" time (the teaching and praise & worship time). They sing, dance, recite the theme verse and participate with the older campers. Such a delight and so very sweet to have a chance to see as a mom.

Yesterday I caught some footage of Corrie dancing while the campers sang the Camp theme song:
I couldn't help but think I had seen something like that dancing before...

Looking forward to seeing what other surprises await us this week!

"The Lord is my rock, my fortress, and my deliverer, my God, my rock, in whom I take refuge, my shield, and the horn or my salvation, my stronghold." -Psalm 18:2
(camp theme verse for the week)

No comments:

Post a Comment