Sunday, September 8, 2013

Baby Wrestling

What am I going to do with this little guy? I am constantly trying to tell Mac and Corrie to be GENTLE with Davey, but as you can see, his pure enjoyment of rough play only seems to drown out my admonishments...



Corrie is constantly swooping in behind him, always ready and waiting to give Davey "hugs." She half wrestles him to the ground and yells, "Look Mommy! I'm holding Davey!"

When Mac was 8months-old, he was still mastering how to "sit." Not Little D! He has surpassed regular crawling (too boring) and often "bear crawls" instead.

This morning I was getting ready for church and I came into our bedroom to see Davey standing up and smiling at me!!!

Later today I discovered that he can actually balance standing up on his own for a good five seconds or so. I tried to get a video of that, but he was too distracted by trying to look at Mac and laugh with him to let go of my hand.

And speaking of having our hands full around here, how about Corrie and her artwork? The other day I filled up our little watering can for her to water the flowers while I was finishing up in the kitchen. I came out to check on her and found her creating a masterpiece... 

And then this afternoon I saw Davey crawling around with Corrie's trademark coloring on his diaper. I guess it must have been tempting when he crawled right past her...those diaper pictures do look like a coloring page. (I noticed that she tried to color the little bear on his bottom...and a pretty good job for a moving target!)

Happy kids. Thank you God for these little gifts.

No comments:

Post a Comment