Friday, September 27, 2013

"Come and look at our collection!"

This morning was such a sweet gift. I find it encouraging to record and celebrate these moments, as most of the time things do not run so smoothly! 

I had some housework to tend to before packing us all into the car to get groceries. I started vacuuming, and all three kids went into Mac and Corrie's room and shut the door to block out the noise. 

I was surprised to find that I got everything I had hoped done without a single interruption! (No, crying, hitting, punching, pulling hair, screaming...the list goes on). Mac and Corrie have begun to really fight with each other, and it has led to almost non-stop training, disciplining, teaching and praying for each other. 

In the midst of my tasks, I decided to take a peek in their room and saw that they were playing with the animal collection we inherited from their cousin Reed. They had found their "bug hunting" tweezers, and were using them to "collect" the little animals and set them on display. It is so nourishing to my soul to see my children enjoying each other. Even little Davey was having fun.


The finished product!

Happy little brother

Another cute note about little Dave. Now that he is mobile, I have noticed that he will find me anywhere I am and sit by me to play. He wants to be with us as much as he can. Yesterday I took a shower while Ellis ate breakfast and the kids played in the living room. I was surprised to hear a familiar squeaky laughing sound inside the bathroom with me. I peeked around the curtain to see that Davey had found me again! 

He was happy playing with toys the whole time...until he decided to explore the rest of the bathroom. Nothing will get you out of the shower faster then looking around the curtain to see that your 9-month-old has found the toilet plunger!

Thank you God, for giving us times of rest and such sweet gifts.

No comments:

Post a Comment