Sunday, September 22, 2013

Ellis' Dream Come True

Today was a dream day for Ellis: We finally played Ultimate Frisbee. He looked pretty happy warming up and showing us his game face.

The kids had a dream day too: We arrived to see several huge mounds of dirt on the side of the field. That is pretty much Christmas in their eyes. 

It turns out that Davey loves dirt just as much as his older siblings. He kept trying to grab handfuls of dirt out of Corrie's bucket to eat. Here Corrie is assuming her role as his second mother. "Davey, you may not eat dirt."

Apparently, he did not obey Corrie very well. I came back from my turn playing (Ellis and take turns watching the kids) to discover that Davey had been moved from the dirt mounds to the stroller area. Ellis said these exact words: "I looked at him and mud was pouring out of his mouth." I don't know how much moving him helped, as he just tried to eat tons of grass next.


And, I will finally admit it (as much as I try to dislike ultimate frisbee): It was a dream day for me too. 



No comments:

Post a Comment