Sunday, September 1, 2013

Davey Bear

"Mister D," as Mac likes to call him, is such an endearing little guy. I've been trying for a long time to think of a good description of what it is like to hold and snuggle him, and this morning it finally hit me: he's a little bear cub!

He's heavy, strong, and really wiggly - almost wild...but he's also so happy and playful and snuggly at the same time. Come to think of it, he is also really growly, so I guess the little bear cub description fits even better than I first thought!

So here's a little video diary I have compiled...I think it represents him pretty well.

Davey @ 8months:

Eating:

Crawling/playing:

Laughing all time...

Entertaining his big brother and sister:

And a little side story: Yesterday I was surprised with an evening alone with my Davey Bear. "Okay. I better use this time without all the kids to clean up the kitchen, organize the toys in the basement...so many things need to get done!...But maybe I should eat some dinner first." 

I heated up a bowl of soup and sat on the couch while Davey played on the floor next to me. I turned on the TV, and a show called "American Ninja Warrior" came on. Davey was mesmerized! I pulled him up on the couch with me and we watched the show and talked and played and relaxed together. It became so far past his bedtime, and all of those other things still needed to be done, but time like this with Little D is just so enjoyable...I couldn't let him go!

Love you, Davey Bear!


No comments:

Post a Comment