Thursday, September 11, 2014

California Vetterleins

This past weekend I (Amanda) flew to California to visit Jeremy, Joy and 2-month-old Ellie. It has been such a long time since I have spent time with my brother. What a gift to get a glimpse of his life and sweet family in Brea! 

I was pretty excited to see Jeremy when he picked me up at LAX...so excited that I took a picture!

Ellie was laying on the ground when we got home, smiling and wiggling and making all of those of sweet baby noises that I had already forgotten. 

Jeremy and Joy were so great about being intentional to make sure that I had lots of time with Ellie. I will tell you one thing: that little girl will really grow on you!

On Saturday evening, Joy and I went to downtown Brea. I could not get enough of the trees and overall scenery all weekend. It is so different than where we live. I felt like I was in a movie set all the time. 

We went to Old Navy, where Joy and I reenacted the show "What Not to Wear." I left with almost a whole new wardrobe! (Well, by my standards at least). 

On Sunday we went for a walk to the grocery store after church. It was such a nice afternoon.

We were crossing the street on the way home, and I was drinking in the sights of the trees, houses and mountains all around us. I wanted to take a picture, so I did. Unfortunately, it was in the middle of street, and Jeremy is saying, "Wait until we get across the street to take pictures!"

Here is the view from their street. Pretty good place for a family picture!

Joy and I realized that we didn't have any pictures of the two of us, so we decided to get one. 

We were glad Ellie managed to sneak into the frame with us! I feel pretty special to be included in Ellis' first photobomb :)

Later, Jeremy and I went out to get a couple more things for dinner and we stopped to take in a really beautiful sunset. I loved looking at the mountains there. They are so different than our mountains!




When we got home, we spent a little time with Ellie before bed, and all three of us gave her a bath in her new bath tub. She looked pretty cute in her little bathrobe!

This is one of my favorite family photos from the weekend. So much going on in this scene!

It was pretty sad to have to say goodbye on Monday morning. I was so grateful for so much time with Jeremy, Joy and Ellie. I think one of my favorite things is how much closer I feel to them now. I am so glad to know what their life is like and be a part of it!

I got to see another spectacular sunset on the way home, and it reminded me of my family in California who love a good sunset :)





No comments:

Post a Comment