Friday, September 26, 2014

Handwriting Without Tears

On Wednesday Mac brought home his very first "homework" assignment. It was handwriting practice. I wondered, did everyone get homework tonight...or just Mac?

I've been trying to work with Mac for a while, and I was really happy with the workbook he brought home.

He showed me what his teacher taught him to help him write the letter "F," and I was really impressed. This seems to be a great method for Mac. He got right to work.
          

He made a few pretty good "F's," and it was so fun working with him. On one of the last ones, he accidentally made both lines start from the top of the "F."

Instead of being upset, he said, "Mom! Look! I made a squid!" 

Then he showed me "an elbow holding a cup" that he made earlier at school.

He had written his name in his book, and he told me that the letters are "holding on to each other." 

He is making progress, and I am glad for that. But I will miss these sweet little glimpses into his world through his "letter mistakes!"

No comments:

Post a Comment